Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thursday night turned out to be a tough night of sleep with Josh. I decided it was time to say goodbye to the bottle forever. I've known for awhile now that it was holding me back from a full night of sleep but I have wrestled with it in my heart because I know how much Josh loves his bottle. He depends on it to put him back to sleep.
Sooo...Friday night, with a heavy heart and much prayer, I said good night to my little boy, laid him down and walked out. I heard him start crying so I went into my bedroom, closed the door and started washing my face so that I couldn't hear the cries. They made me so sad. I asked God to help me know this was the right thing and to make Josh sleep. By the time I walked back out of my room, which wasn't more than 10 minutes later, he was asleep! I couldn't believe it. I thought it would be a good hour. Then, he only woke up one time during the night and I went in, rubbed his head for a few minutes and he was back to sleep for the rest of the night. Thank you God!!
Saturday afternoon I layed Josh down for his nap and he didn't even cry, he fell right asleep and slept almost 3 hours.
Saturday night Josh cried for about 10 minutes and fell asleep. However, he woke up around 2:30 and was up till about 4:30. Then slept till 8am.
Todays nap he cried for about 20 minutes and has been sleeping for 3 hours. He is still sleeping as I write this. Hoping and praying for a good night tonight. I know it can only get better.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu can do it!!! I think it is much harder on us Moms than the kids. They really know how to pull at our heart strings. Just remember, this is better for everyone. It is much better for Joshie to have a well rested momma!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com